Saturday, February 3, 2007

school problems

Well this week was very eventful for me. An elderly woman drove through the cafeteria at my son's school killing one of his classmates. Talk about something you never expected. My first reaction was sheer disbelief. It really did not hit me for a few days. I came within minutes of loosing my son. You see he was in the cafeteria when the incident occurred. Just less than sixty seconds earlier he was standing right next to Ryan, the boy who got killed. It is just such a tragedy. It really makes you evaluate your life. You should cherish the time you have because you never know when it will end. So my son saw firsthand what happened. I did not have to hear it from tv or the newspaper, I got it first hand from my son. He saw the whole thing happen right in front of his young eyes. I worry about what the effects will be on him. The school has been real good. They have had grief counselors and have done activities.

2 comments:

bittersweet said...

I am glad your son is okay. This was a terrible tragedy. I can't even imagine what the parents are going through. Rest in peace, little Ryan.

Ashlea said...

Ohmigosh! That's awful! I heard that a little boy had died, but I had no clue that it happened in the cafeteria.